Saturday, January 16, 2010

No more guy time for me.

The Duluth crew went for a little stroll today. Abby was sporting the new high-tech uniform that the 2012 US Olympic Track team will be wearing. Pure speed!

I'm officially back on blog duty. (this is Dave). Jen steered the Soobaru back to the house around 8:30 tonight, and I got to reunite with the kids. Yaaaaaaayythey couldn't have cared less. Lily seemed pretty interested in me for a second, then clamored to be back with Mommy. So I took Abby, who promptly tore open with some horrendous screaming.

To be honest, I don't think it was me. She is still suffering from the occasional bout of gassiness, so she was a little tooty and fussy for a bit. After a while, she felt better, and just before we brought them up for night-night, she buried her head into my shoulder, let me stroke her cheek, and quickly closed her eyes and fell asleep. So that's pretty much the best way for them to come home.

I'd like to publicly thank Jen for being the coolest person ever by giving me a couple kid-less days to do nothing at all. It was lovely, and I can't wait to return the favor, as soon as I find someone to take the kids for a couple days.

I made some chili tonight to bring over to Tracey and Mark's tomorrow. I must, after at least 10 handwashings, still have some residual pepper on my fingers, because I just rubbed my eye and apparently put raw capsaicin right on my iris. It does not feel good.

Day three hundred and thirty four.

Mush, grandpa!

Abs getting a lice check from Elly

4 mittens. None on her hands.

1 comment:

  1. Love the snowsuits! There's nothing like little kids in snowsuits.

    ReplyDelete