Monday, January 11, 2010

Mommy at home.

Run away, wee Lily.

Today = Jenner's first day of stay-at-homeytude with the The Dynamic Duo. As she's in for several weeks of this, she was hoping to get it all off to a rousing good start. I came home to find her with her wits still about her - or, at the very least, accessible in a pinch - and am thus under the impression that she just MIGHT survive the duration.

Her time at home will come to an end in March, when she starts work at EcoLab. I don't think I've written about her new job on the blog yet; I was under strict orders not to peep a word until she had officially accepted, and it took her just shy of 109 days to accept because she was so busy with finals. Yup, so Jen has a jobby job to look forward to come March, which I can say with no humor at all is a very, very fortunate thing for us, considering the state of the world. It should come as no surprise, also, that I am bonkers with pride for her and her job getting acumen; she truly is a remarkable person. Hooray for Jen! And for me, who gets to benefit from her job by default!

It seems strange to contribute here, since Jen spent all day at home with the kids, making her barometer that much more keen than mine. However, since this little venture was my idea at the outset, I feel like, if I were to suggest that she start writing the entries for the next month, I will undoubtedly find myself with twin girls coming to work with me. So I won't do that.

I will say how ecstatically nice it is to leave for work, then just go to work. No strapping kids into the car, no getting punched in the face for stealing 'fires, no screaming or ridiculousness, no drama for passing by day car for a better spot down the block, no any of it. I just get in the car and...drive. Which is saying alot, since I hate driving.

Coming home is super, as well. I skip all the same stuff, but played out in reverse. Now I get to walk in the house empty handed and bask in the glow of the kids coming to meet me. They didn't do that today, of course - Lily was instantly distracted and angered because I was carrying a gallon of milk, and Abby seemed intent on only playing Ring Around the Rosies - but I imagine they'll get the hang of a proper greeting soon.

Day three hundred and twenty nine.


Spoonball!



Craziness!



Abby grabbing herself right where I stuck her with a tranquilizer.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment