Sunday, January 17, 2010

Wasabi makes for good chili

Scenes from a birthday.

Lazy Sunday today, at least for the first part. I got up with the kids and poured two bowls of cereal and watched Abby eat both of them while Lily turned her nose up at food in general. We watched Sunday Morning on tv until Mommy came down a short while later, then kept doing the same. That's the lovely part about Sundays...they're pretty formless.

Before complete apathy was able to settle in, though, we packed up and headed to Chaska, where Mark and Tracey were hosting a slight shindig for little Lucy's first birthday. We coached the kids on how to say, 'Happy birthday' on the drive out; they didn't say it once in the car, and I didn't hear them say it once in the house. Funny how they manage to parrot everything we say back to us, only not when we care. Maybe birthday wishes are just not their forte.

My contribution for the day included a pot of chili, and I have to say: I think I'm starting to really like my chili recipe. It's got a bit of wasabi paste in it, and it does make it a bit spicy, but it's not too bad and it goes away almost instantly, quite unlike the cumulative hell of jalapeno spicy (although there was a couple of those in there, too).

I have to apologize to my niece Grace; I told her I'd get a picture of her today and put it on the blog, but I was really spotty about using my camera today. Sorry buddy! I'll make it up to you.

Day three hundred and thirty five.

"Think it's gonna be a long long time."

Cousin Lucy and her cousin (on the Reicherty side of things) Katie

Happiness is a warm pacifier

No comments:

Post a Comment