Friday, January 15, 2010

Watch me please

I just got back from having a drink with Sara, my friend/freshman year college roommate, and I'm tired. So tonight's blog will rely mainly on providing a few of today's tidbits and a few photos.

My mom and I packed up the girls and brought them to visit my grandmother, Nana. The kids generally enjoy these visits because Nana has a great collection of stuffed animals, many of which move and talk. Today was no exception. The girls had a great time and were well-behaved. The highlight was definitely when Lily was practicing her zipping skills by zipping my mom's vest up and down. In mid-zip she turned around yelling "Nana", to make sure that Nana was watching her. It was the first time she'd referred to Nana by name and it was really sweet. I think they sometimes get confused about Nana's name, because that is what they call bananas as well--but so far they haven't tried to eat her, so that's good.

That was the big outing for the day. The rest involved napping, eating, reading, playing, eating, etc. You get the gist. It was a good day but we all miss Dave/daddy.

Day three hundred thirty three.

Abby wearing her new apron--I love the dollar section at Target!

Lily explaining how to read a receipt.Abby with Grandpa, playing peek-a-boo.
Grandma let Lily play on her computer. PBS/ Sesame Street have some great games for kids to play if you're willing to let them slam their hands repeatedly on your keyboard and occasionally press the right keys for the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment