Friday, January 29, 2010

Perro Agua

I just spent a couple minutes looking at old blog posts, which leaves me astounded at how long their hair is now. So long!

Today Jen and the girls were talking to Aunt Christy on the phone. At the very end, Jen implored them to say goodbye, and Lily replied with, "Aunt Tooshie." Jen asked for a clarification, and she repeated, "Aunt Tooshie!!" So that's Aunt Christy's new name. (and if she doesn't remember this, Jen says she had probably just hung up and might not have caught it)

Another fun Lily moment - and by fun I mean "shocking" and "disturbing" and "call-social-services-worthy" - came this evening, when she, for reasons known only to her, plopped in front of the dog's water dish and dunked her face in the water to drink. I have to be honest, I didn't really react as quickly as I could have, because it was really, really funny, and what harm could come of letting your kid drink dog water?

For the record, both kids have some bizarre and illogical eating habits these days. I feel terrible about all the food we waste, but seriously, they and their hunger cannot be predicted. When I got home today, they were having a snack of green beans, because who doesn't like to much on green beans while dancing to the Wiggles? Abby wasn't eating much. When asked a few times, her answers were, "No", "Noooo", and "For the love of god, no!" My attention was then diverted for a minute or so. When I turned back she had the whole bowl of beans in her mouth and was making a move for Lily's bowl, which she did dispatch with great authority. She asked for more, we gave them to her, she ate 'em. She must have eaten almost a half a pound of beans. Strange that she was so gassy later.

Day three hundred and forty seven.

Lily crawled all the way under the crib for the first time. She thought it was hilarious.

Abby loves hanging in Liy's crib and reading stories.

Yup.

1 comment: