Monday, January 25, 2010

Jen is cool.

Ever wonder how muffins get made? This ain't it.

How awesome is Jen? Spends all day with the kids, makes muffins with the kids, AND gets pictures of the kids. She's a superwoman. I'm not sure, but I think somewhere in here she definitely cleaned the kids, too; when I came home their hair was slightly damp and smelled like flowers instead of the usual peanut butter and pasta sauce.

In further praise of my raven-haired spouse, those muffins turned out really good.

Tonight Lily was playing golf with Jen (this ought to make both her grandfathers quite proud). Jen said, "Okay, it's time for night night." Lily's response to this was to push Jen out of the golfing area, then turn to me and say, "Daddy! Daddy play!" Clever girl. You know the old saying...if your eye is your problem then cut it out. And if Mommy is making you go night night, banish her to the couch and bring Daddy in. Didn't work, of course, since I informed her that I will be siding with Mommy almost all the time.

Thanks to all of you who wrote a few days ago about the "monster" episode; I know it's not easy to craft a response to a downer story like that. We're very grateful. So is Abby.

Day three hundred and forty three.

Aaaaahhhhhhhhhh...muffin!

Clean up, clean up, everybody do your share.

A good cook always samples.

No comments:

Post a Comment