Sunday, August 30, 2009

A non-sober entry for your consideration.

She's all business.


Cracker in a windstorm.

Alrighty right, let's blog, people. I have to say...I am not in my right mind, vis a vis my level of alcohol intake... Should i even be blogging right now? Do I have a choice?? No. 365 days of twins waits for no sobriety.

Strange day, in a very cool way. I slept way in, which was a super start. It's not even that I got to sleep in, it's that I got to wake up slooowly. I woke up totally naturally - no kids crying, no alarms, no surprises - and repositioned myself so that my head was square in the middle of a sun soaked part of the bedspread. That is a lovely feeling, isn't it, lying there in bed with sunlight pouring onto your face, after you've slept 9.5 hours? Pure delight. I miss the kids, of course, but that is quality time.

The morning, I worked in the yard. I kinda screwed myself for time, and went and had to go do a Powderhorn 365 photo in a very tight window, which kinda stressed me out to be honest. I biked 5 times around the park before I found a guy. I wasn't sure about asking him, I don't know why, I just wasn't sure, and then I asked him cold if I could take his picture, and sure as hell this guy was gangbusters for it. He went on and on and on about an enormous variety of film related subjects (he's from LA, and is in the industry) and it was one of those sublimely strange and awesome moments that reminds me how cool this project is. How many times do you (that's right, I'm talking to my audience) walk up to people and ask them to take their picture and give you their life story? It's hard as hell. It's intimidating. And I get so worked up and worried about it, so stressed, and then I go and do it and it inevitably (almost 100% of the time) ends up being this surreal and cool experience. As it was with Andre, a very lucid and palatable fellow who was quietly reading a book in the park today when I accosted him out of nowhere.

Tonight, Tobler's wedding downtown. Steve and I played some guitar type music for it, which went fairly well, I think. People told us we sounded good, and I'll have to believe them because it's hard to hear yourself when you play. I think the best praise I can give us is that we didn't bring the ceremony to a screeching halt...success!! And then there's the reception, which is why I'm rather unsober in the first place.

Now..off too bed.

Day one hundred and ninety fouriveish.



No comments:

Post a Comment