Thursday, September 3, 2009

Walking Papers 2: Revenge of the Walkers

Jammie time.

Our wee walker.

Abby has turned the corner on the walking bit. Whereas just a few days ago she could do maybe 5 or 6 steps between us, she's now actively and eagerly standing up and walking around. She went back and forth from me to the blue chest on 5 round trips all by herself; you can see it in the photo above, about 10 feet away. She's walking around by herself. She's getting up with no help from any objects. She's considering cartwheels (I can see it in her eyes).

When Lily learned to walk, I couldn't have thought I could be happier. I think that still holds true; I'm not happier, per se, for Abby. But the happiness comes with this enormous relief, a huge weight lifting that kinda makes it a unique and slightly better experience. Every milestone Abby hits, we don't know if it'll be her last. Parents of regular kids do not know this uncertainty, and it's hard to convey in words. She learned to crawl, but it's possible that might be it. She is so slow sometimes to pick up on things.

But she is also steadfastly determined, so, while we never were guaranteed she would walk, we also never really doubted it either. Like most things we get to deal with, it makes no sense.

Day two hundred.

Pregame. Take a knee, buddy.

Lily v. Door

Bonus video! Well, it's not the best, since I took it on our little purple Polaroid, and it has no sound. But it features Abby giving me a couple kisses (the first one looks like she just tripped into my face, but the second one was very deliberate!), her walking a bit, and an extreme closeup of Lily.

(ed.: I stand corrected by whoever commented, apparently this video does have sound. Apparently I was bested by a volume knob. Having, then, not previewed the sound portion, I apologize if anything inappropriate is said or if I farted.)



3 comments:

  1. The video has sounds or I am hearing things again... entirely possible! Yay walking Abby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Abby! Just look at her go! She'll be ready to run the marathon in October!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Abby is going to start dancing soon!

    ReplyDelete