Friday, August 28, 2009

Tooooo sleepy to title.

The Partridge Family Returns

As we are still child-free, I'm scraping the bottom of the content bucket once again. This will all end on Sunday morning, when we will be driving to Hinckley for a kid handoff. I like that we're meeting at Hinckley...it makes it feel like a hostage exchange. I'm hoping to meet Marj and Neil in Tobies' busy parking lot, hand them a briefcase stuffed with $20s, and then hurry the kids from their car to mine. Surely I can count on a hawk-eyed trucker to look up from his chicken fried steak and alert the Feds that a possible deal is going down.

Tales reaching us from Duluth-town are spotty, but it appears that the twins are quite taken with the northern environs. I have to be honest: I'm a little jealous. They get to hang out all week, go swimming, go to the zoo, lounge. All the awesome things I did up there before we had kids. Oh cruel switch of fate. In the meantime, I get to go to work and spend my free time missing them. Cruel indeed.

Let's see...what else...umm....hhhrrmmm...I can discuss my day! I worked at my place of work during the alloted time. I built lots of flashy flash content, which is riveting while I work on it but just doesn't leap off the page now when I write about it. I had an everything bagel in the morning. With cream cheese.

Okay, I'm giving up.

What did I ever write about before kids?

Day one hundred and ninety four.

No comments:

Post a Comment