Saturday, August 8, 2009

I like pumpkin pie, but I like apple better. (there is no reason for that title. None at all. Don't even ask.)

Look hard enough at the Powderhorn Art Fair this year, and you'll find a lovely booth festooned with all the photos of the year to date from www.powderhorn365.com.

I'm tempted to opt out of tonight's entry under the pretense that the humidity levels are much too high for blogging. My fingers are so moist...how can I type about the day's happenings? It's jungle-hot today. Currently not cooling me down is the dog sleeping against me.

We interviewed a home daycare this morning, which we liked. "Interview" isn't quite the right term. Interviews are inherently one-sided; there's an interviewee and and interviewer. This is more like a blind date. Especially at the end, where the closing comments are like a hostage negotiation. "We really like you. We'll call! Maybe. We're looking at a few other places, which may or may not be true."

In the afternoon, I headed down to the park to help populate the powderhorn365 booth for a bit, (partially) fulfilling my long-held and long-secret desire to have a booth in an art fair. Of course, I'm only the weakest link in a group of 7 people that power this project, so I'm living quite vicariously through others. I chose not to dwell on that. I thought the showing was really solid, we had a fair amount of traffic. It all felt very neighborhoody; we had a lot of our photo subjects stop in, guest photographers, notable powderhornians, local politicians (one of whom, I won't say which (Gary Schiff), singled out one of my photos as being his favorite).

While I lived my art fair dream, Jen hung at home with two very non-napping kids. They barely slept today.

Tonight, Abby made an absurdly funny face, lolling her tongue back and forth and being a goofball. She knew it was funny, and when we laughed, she beamed. I did it back at her, and she thought it was the most hilarious moment ever.

I said it earlier, but I'll repeat myself for sheer emphasis: there is no better moment in parenting than making those kids laugh. Lily's easy; I only need to give her chase and snatch her up into my arms, and she bursts out in guffaws. (I'm not being wordy there; she truly laughs in what can be called "guffaws". They are not dainty, her chuckles.) Abby's a bit harder nut to make laugh...making it all the sweeter when it happens.

Tonight we have found out that The Librarian is easily the most awesome show ever. It's on TBS. Watch it right now, no matter what it takes.

Day one hundred and seventy four.

Just post-nap. She really wasn't ready to get up.

Fun fact: I'm showing that box to the cat because there's a spider in it, and the cat is aces at killing and disposing of (ie. eating) spiders. Lily is watching, not even feigning interest.

A pacifier, just waiting to be sucked.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment