Monday, August 3, 2009

Lily Soup

Abby had her semi-annual geneticist appointment this morning. We are either one step closer to having a diagnosis for Abby or we are heading down a dead-end. Either way, it doesn't matter. Knowing or not knowing, it won't make any difference to our every day lives.

I packed up the kids afterward and we headed to Duluth for a few days of hanging out with Grandma, Aunt Christy, and cousins Andrew and Matthew before my sister and her family move to Seattle. Nothing to report about the drive, the girls were champs. Abby snoozed a little and Lily entertained herself and me.

Upon our arrival, Abby went inside with Grandma and immediately started smiling, laughing, and enjoying herself. She clearly likes it here. Lily refused to come inside. She was far too interested in the toy car and the swing set. Just when I thought I'd coaxed her inside, she saw the lake (observant child she is, it took her over half an hour to see the lake right in front of her--her focus is singular in nature). So she headed to the lake and I let her, thinking she'd stop when she got to the wet part. I was wrong. The water touched her feet, her face lit up, and she was in up to her waist (her first time in a lake I should add).

My mom brought Abby to join us after awhile, who promptly made it clear that she also wanted to be in the water. So there they were, in their clothes (Lily still wearing her shoes), playing in the water. I eventually got them down to their birthday suits, and finally got them inside to a bath. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of this fun experience (someone had to keep an eye on the kids in the lake, you understand right?). So you'll have to use your imagination--picture really big smiles on their faces and much splashing.

Only other cute thing to report is from this evening when Lily tried several times (uncoaxed) to give Abby her sippy cup of milk from wherever Abby had last left it. She so loves her sister. There is something so irresistably sweet when you see a toddler trying to be helpful and sharing.
Could you resist climbing into a big bowl? I thought not.
Two sisters, getting into everything they could at Grandma and Grandpa's house in Duluth

I think I need to get one of these bowls.

No comments:

Post a Comment