Thursday, August 6, 2009

The girls are back in town...the girls are back in..yeah you get the idea.

I came home today after a long day of work to find my house infested with Family. They were everywhere....kids on the floor, wife on the stairs, dog sticking his tongue in my mouth. Disgraceful.

The cat and I shared a knowing look - and dare I say, I even think I caught the slightest of nods from the old cat. We had the house to ourselves for a good few days, and we knew it was over. Just me and the cat. Oh, how we spread and stretched ourselves into every corner of the bed at night. The cat is normally - regrettably - on the bottom of the attention food-chain. For a few days, he lived life at the top. I woke up, and after taking care of my 3 minutes worth of hygenic needs, I would dote on the cat. I even brushed him once, which netted me about 3 cubic yards of cat fur.

Anarchy once again nestled into our lives. The cat is now back, like an anti-Frank Sinatra, at the bottom of the heap. Hence the knowing look he gave me. I think he enjoyed our time together.

It was predictably stellar to see the girls again. They looked so different...a cliche, but it's true. Just a few days up north in Duluth seems to age them exponentially. I got a huge hug from Lily when I came in. Abby was at the time transfixed with a toy of mass diversion, but I did get some very deliberate kisses from her just moments afterward.

According to Jen, the day was good and the drive was uneventful. Grandma spent some time this morning doing colors with Abby, who apparently was repeating them back quite nicely, so that's nice to hear. Jen returned with many tales of Abby's steadfast refusal to leave the lake. In summation, they all had a nice trip. If only I'd been able to get any housework done while they were away.

Day one hundred and seventy two.

Bloop. Tadpole.

Another of GazpachoLily.

No comments:

Post a Comment