Friday, June 19, 2009

Stay-at-Home Mom Duty, Week 1--Check


This was pretty much the look on Abby's face most of the week.


Today marks the end of week one of my summer staying at home with the girls. I'm making a note of it because I am not working or in school and I have a feeling that the days and weeks are going to start blending together with little indication of it being a new week other than Dave going to work on Mondays. I believe this blending will only result in a much-too-short summer feeling even shorter, so I'm going to do my best to make each day interesting. The problem with this plan, however, is that the tiniest activity with these kids requires forethought and coordination--so what might seem interesting to me and serves to break the monotony of the days might not make for good blog-fodder. Unless you want to hear about our visit to Walgreens, or the grocery store, or the walk we took--but I doubt that.

Fortunately for you readers, this is not my blog, it's Dave's. He can make such mundane visits seem interesting--so I will pass along our daily activities to him, and he will make them sound as entertaining as they feel to the girls and me. He won't be doing that tonight though--he is out playing drums somewhere and hopefully having a well-deserved good time--so you get my thoughts on the day.


Abby woke up crying bloody-murder this morning and was nearly impossible to calm down. She remained in an intermittently crabby mood all day. Sometimes this could be fixed with food (she is constantly hungry lately, you'd think she'd finally be 16 lbs already, but she's not), other times I could not figure out how to help her. I can't blame her for her mood though--I'd be crabby too if it were hot and I had a nasty, itchy rash under my diaper. I'd probably refrain from biting everything and everyone in sight to show my frustration, but that's just me. Abby has chosen not to refrain from such behavior.


Lily was clingy all day, adding to the difficulty of comforting her sister, which I believe might have been her plan. She's devious.


Week one of being on my own all day with the kids is done. I not only survived, I rather enjoyed it. And I'm exhausted.

Day one hundred and twenty four

Such tiny tiny legs, I don't know how they can possibly support her.

I think the girls are just about ready to start their guitar lessons.

I love the look on Lily's face--so sweet.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment