Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Balls falling on the head = Genius.

We put Lily's pants on her head. It was a winning move by us.
This is not exactly a flattering angle, is it?

There's a tidy new steel-grey case by my computer, and inside that case is 1 terabyte of blankness. No more storage issues with me. No more deleting photos willy-nilly. As would befit the occasion of such a purchase, we barely let up on the shutter button today.

These freaking kids. They decided to get up early this morning for no good reason at all, because who really knows why little people like them do what they do. I'm a firm believer in chaos theory, and this belief holds enormous sway in my interpretation of the girls' sleep habits. Maybe it was a tiny change in barometric pressure. Maybe a bird sang outside their window. Who knows.

They were up, so I got up. Jen had been up twice during the night (once for Abby, once for Olly. He gets a bottle now), so it was my turn in the morning.

It was one of those really annoying times, when it's not too much before your alarm, but enough to be disheartening. I was super tired, so down we went and on came Baby Einstein. Lazy, I know. But the girls started watching peacefully, and I kinda almost nodded off on the couch. This ended when a part of the video made Abby absolutely burst into laughter; it actually woke me up, that's how sudden and loud it was.

So I put the part on again. It's a little puppet show where some animal-type thing pulls a rope and some balls fall on his head. This magical scene made Abby laugh about as hard as I think I've ever heard. She loved it. I played it 2 more times.

Hearing her laugh just kills any lingering angst I have over having to get up early. Totally dissolves it. Not a bad way to start the day.

10:46pm. Jen and I just went outside and watched a huge cloud going by just to the south of us, almost right over the house, and it's averaging about 2 visible lightning bolts per second (honestly) with absolutely no thunder. Very strange.

Day one hundred and twenty two.


Habby Appy.

Olly the Dastardly Face-licking Beagle. That's right: I took this shot.

Abby via Lego-bin.

1 comment:

  1. we watched that same lightning ball pass south of our house last night. never seen anything quite like it.

    ReplyDelete