Sunday, June 14, 2009

Picnic tables should come with straps.

I'm pretty sure I read in Parenting magazine that the top of a picnic table is a really bad place to leave your kid. Look at her: she's fiiiiiine.

Yesterday we were out walking Lillabbolly (new shorthand for the girls and Olly) when out of the blue, we get honked at. This happens frequently, as we're off-the-charts attractive as a family; it's like we're torn from an American Apparel catalogue (I'm not sure that's the right reference...I'm talking about the one where polo-style shirts flow like water, all the pictures are taken on Martha's Vineyard, and everyone looks like a Kennedy). So, we get honked and hooted at a lot, I'm sure you can understand.

This was quite different when the car stopped and out came Katie Austin who I haven't seen in years. She is a fellow UND alumni-type, which makes her awesome by default, and then on top of that she's additionally cool. I love bumping into people I haven't bumped into in a while. I bumped into a guy I used to play soccer with on 36th Street, which is oddly where we saw Katie. Something about 36th Street makes it very bump-int0-able. Maybe it's all the people driving to Matt's, but are just one block too far south.

Today, the girls slept in, we slept in, and we almost ended up screwing ourselves on time to get out to Chanhassen for Lucy Reichert's baptism. Little Luce. Her little mohawk smelled like patchouli the rest of the day.

We then headed out to Chaska for some socializin', where we spent a good stretch of time cramming our daughters with food. These kids can put away food in astounding quantities, Abby especially, which is especially astounding because she still weighs a little less than her birth weight. .01% of the weight scale, and it's just unbelievable to watch her snack.

At one point I was biting off pieces of strawberry and giving them to her, but she was vaguely upset with me. I was at a loss as to what her deal was, until she just reached up and plucked that berry out of my hand and proceeded to destroy it. So her problem was: I wasn't feeding her fast enough. And it was all I was doing, my entire concentration was spent on giving her food, yet it just wasn't fast enough. Kid can eat. Kid has thighs the size of chopsticks.

Day one hundred and seventeen.

Outside at the Reichert's, enjoying the pleasant day, watching all the kids run around.

Lily.

Uhh...Lily again. Flattering.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment