Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Yet another doctor appointment. Oh wait, this was just a normal checkup...those are rare nowadays.

Today we marched the girls into their 15 month doctor appointment. Here is the result...two vaccinatory puncture wounds. These band-aids are perfectly designed; one half gives out almost instantly, effectively negating its convalescing qualities, while the other half contains an adhesive strong enough to rip the dermis clear off my daughters. On the plus side: Snoopy!

Last night the girls were up the better part of the night. I think. I don't remember much, but I do recall that Jen did more consoling than I, and I felt like I was up at least 19 times. Maybe it was the heat. Maybe because Abby is feeling sick. Maybe they miss us. It was pretty grisly.

I was a hair away from throwing in the towel around 2 and just bringing everyone down to watch some late night tv. It was helplessly bad, like they were both coming to pieces and there was nothing we could do.

I'm quite terrified of this happening when I'm by myself, which is a mere 9 days away. I have no contingency plan for it. If both of them wake up in the middle of the night and are inconsolable, it may just be an up-all-night process. It's exhausting just considering the possibility.

Day ninety four (I did two "day ninety two"s, I apologize for the error)

Lily drinking with her pants off. Typical.


Abby getting some love from Mommy. She was so hot here, I think 102 but her skin felt like a griddle. Poor monkey.


Recall from a couple days ago when I explained that the cat tortures the dog. Here it is: pet psychological warfare in action.

1 comment:

  1. I'm all caught up now having missed a few days. I laughed out loud a couple of times, you are so good at this. Thanks for a great start to my day!

    ReplyDelete