Saturday, May 30, 2009

If you love twin girls, send them to Duluth....if they come back in grandma's car, then it was meant to be.

Abby happily waits out the Wings/Pens pregame, ready for the puck to drop.

The giiiiirls are back in tooowwwn. Yes, I am back in custody of the kids. It took only an hour to find that Lily was not a fan of this. Both the monkeys were quite happy to see me, and it was a lovely reunion. Hugging. Kissing. Some tooting. But when grandma left for the car, Croc-o-Lily voiced her displeasure. Loudly. Apparently the grandparents won the girls over while they were in Duluth. So long as I can still get the girls to function tomorrow when Marj and Neil leave, I think it's fantastic.

So I'm back in charge. I'm not panicking yet, but I'm not alone yet either. Tomorrow may end differently.

I was excited to see that Abby is showing another tooth on the bottom. Lily is sporting 71 teeth that average a centimeter in length, but when Abby gets a new one, it's memorable. Sweet.

It's great to see them again, and see those smiles and hear their (very amazingly different) laughs. I got to chase Lily. I watched Abby try and climb the stairs for the first time. I like having kids again.

Day one hundred and four.

Grandma and Lily. Lily and grandma. And a scrap of paper.

Oh no. Oh no you didn't.

Oh, look, it's a film picture of Lily I scanned in. A photo with cheesy fashions and decor circa 1978. Doesn't Lily look happy? Doesn't she look cute?

Foooool! You totally fell for it. That's actually Jenny, around about the same age as Lily. I can't believe I fooled you so thoroughly.

Really, the similarity is just staggering. Tomorrow I'm going to try and bribe Lily to pose just like this for a side-by-side comparison.

And I think I'll be renaming Lils. Now: Jenny 2.0

1 comment: