Thursday, May 28, 2009

google maps...almost as good as being there.

Marj is getting the night off and some much needed time for rehabilitation. Lily and Abigail have been running roughshod over the grandparents, or at least that is the impression I've been left with after talking to Grandpa. Their countenance has been quite agreeable, I think, but their level of healthfulness has been the cause of some extra labor from the grandparents. Poor guys; they had no idea the tsunami of effort they were in for when they offered to watch the girls.

At least I can blame all the kids' malfeasance on illness-related bugaboo.

Since I'm not privvy to the specific details of the girls' day, here's what happens on an average day when I don't have kids:

5pm: Get back home from work (I won't be chronicling my time at work. Be very relieved). Receive kisses from the beagle and nips from the cat. Walk the dog around the neighborhood.
5:30pm: Return home. Check caller ID...I missed three calls. One from Florida, one from Indiana, one from Ontario. Those literally were the names on the ID. Hmm...later on I miss another call from Ontario.
5:35pm: Wonder why states are trying to reach me
6:02pm: Meet Klocker at Longfellow Grill for the happy hour that ended at 6. Beer. Perogi. Get lime juice sprayed on me by a jovial but inept bartender who does not offer me a conciliatory beer.
7:11pm: Taco Bell. No explanation necessary.
7:30pm: Back home to watch the national spelling bee
8ish: Mow what's left of my grass. Most of what's left in the bag is just leftover dust from this Steinbeckian month of drought.
9:00: At some point around 9 I guiltily watch - wrapped in raptness, my eyes welling up with the pure emotion of it - the training montage scene from Rocky 3. Is that the one with the Russian guy? That one.
9:40: After my second beer of the night, it becomes clear that I should stay up all night to write my version of an autobiography; it would be tragic and completely fictional and would require more than a passing mention of my time as host of Hollywood Squares.
9:47: Spend forty five minutes looking at Stockholm - a cruelly labrynthian city of seemingly infinite directions - on google maps. With no information to go on, I pan over the city and imagine that I can find exactly where Jen is like I'm using a Ouija board, and this somehow makes me feel happily closer to her.
10:15: Decide - incorrectly - that I'm in the right mind to do a blog entry.

It's my average day.

Day one hundred and two.

Obviously, old photos since my camera does not have a 140 mile zoom.

Lily owns the hillside.



Whoa. Whooooaaaaa.


I love her expression here.


And I obviously love her love of the soccer ball.

1 comment:

  1. I love the blog entry today--a very good dive into a mind that I love. I think I felt the Ouiji board effect of google maps, weird.

    ReplyDelete