Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Gels Girls in Limbo

Missives from Jen's mom shall serve as the daily update. I will take this moment to say that I should never, ever look at pictures of the girls while they're away. It's painful. Take it away, Marj....


well dave and jen- I thought that the day had gone fairly well: the girls ate together (well, Abby ate, and ate....and ate), took naps at the same time, took a bath with no problems. All had gone remarkedly well- until Lily realized that it wasn't daddy giving the bath, it wasn't mommy holding the towel and she crawled soaking wet into the towel onto my lap, buried her little nose in my chest and whimpered for about five minutes. Felt like an hour. I felt so bad for the little froggy.


Lily is not feeling well at all and every breath is raspy and clogged. She is full of croup. Abby, though, is feeling much more like her normal jolly self.


They both wanted to go to bed at 6 -but being a bad and selfish grandma I couldn't let them go down so early so they made it to 7:15. I haven't heard anything from them yet. Neil came in from golf and cleaned the kitchen for me, offered me dessert (which I virtuously passed on) and didn' t even seem to notice that you can't walk through the living room without tripping over something child or dog related.


Just thinking about it makes me tired, so even though it is only 8, I am going to curl up in my bed and pretend I am still 30 plus when this kind of day would be normal. love you both, and yes - you owe me! I will take a cheese sandwich with tomato to go. thanks. love mom


...and you, Marj, get the distinction of being the poster for the 100th day! Super job, and it's an honor you've earned well.

Day one hundred.

No comments:

Post a Comment