Saturday, December 26, 2009

I heart tonguefish.

Tracey and Lucy, aka The Luce. Jen took this photo...I liked it.
Dad/Papa fearlessly offered to stay home with the twins today while the rest of us went on a little 3 hour boat tour. It was a fun event, and nice to get away from the girls for just a bit. The tour let us off on Picnic Island, and all us tourists piled out and set about catching small marine life with nets. There wasn't much to be found, but I was still fairly excited to come up with the occasional tonguefish, a mini-flounder type waif of a fish. They're very flappy, although they don't taste very much like tongue at all. Way too salty.
It was right chilly during the ride out there, and I wasn't exactly tearing off my shirt to get into the water, but it was surprising how quickly 68 degree water and I decided to get along. I was struck by the oddity of being in nothing but sandals and swim trunks, rather comfortable in the water, while the non-swimming contingency of the tour were bundled up on the beach like a patagonian expedition.
The rest of the day passed as all the others have, simply doing nothing specific while being with family. In other words...a holiday.
Day three hundred and thirteen.
Pelican thinking thoughts only a pelican could understand. Photo credits to Steve on this one.




Jen and I. This was all me.



Tracey and Jen on Picnic Island.




Oliver and I discussing boat horsepower. We agreed that more is better.













No comments:

Post a Comment