Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Packing is hard.

A right presidential picture of El Gato.

It's almost 11. There is still so very much to do for the trip tomorrow, but I have faith it will all just happen. By "faith", I mean "Jen". The right tactical move, spousally speaking, is for me to draw this blog entry out as long as feasible, minimizing my packing efforts.

Tactics might also suggest that I not publicize these tactics, as I've already done. Bah. I'll just be quick, then.

Tomorrow, 3:50 we shall depart for Fort Myers (or RSW for those of the aviation ilk). I'm still stressed about it, but my Dad gave me some good advice. He pointed out that the kids will pick up on our moods and act appropriately, so I should really just relax and remember that it's a vacation and it's their first flight - a momentous event! - so I should simply let it all unfold as it will, and the morons will hopefully be positive as well. Words to live by.

Jon and Suze had us all over tonight for the Stalker-side Christmas, which was fun but far too brief, as it always tends to be. Suze made an enormous amount of food, which was all the more impressive when we found out that Jon had actually stopped her from making more. Brevitous as the visit turned out to be, it was still nice to see them and the Lukasewyczes, in town from Seattle.

Off to pack. And shovel my driveway. And 1,000 things we need to do.

Day three hundred and nine.

Uncle Steve taking a shot of Kyla.
85 BlogPoints for the first person to notice what is horribly wrong (and frankly quite funny) about this photo.

Uncle Jon doing dishes with flair

3 comments:

  1. Could it be child at the outlet? Lamp reflected in the picture on the wall? The fact that Steve is actually in the picture? What? I hate these, I can never get them! Have a great trip! Airports are fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave:
    Lori took my guess -- Abby's got her fingers in an outlet. All we're missing is a pan of water for her to be standing in. Of course, I'm sure Jon and Suze have kid-proofed their new house.

    Have a great flight. Points to you if you can make the twins run up the concourse to greet their papa!!!

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's Kyla's pose. Is it the off the shoulder shirt?

    ReplyDelete