Saturday, May 2, 2009

I think I was the only person in the metro area to be rained on today

Rough day for Olly. Slept a bit. Got chased by the Gilbert girls. Slept some more.

This is going to be one of those insuffurably tedious "daily recap" entries, I can feel it. It's coming...here it goes...no stopping it now...

It's much more satisfying sleeping in on Saturdays when I can hear, wafting up from downstairs, the sounds of Grandma and Grandpa helping Jen watch the kids. It must be a strength in numbers sort of thing. But they are unboundingly selfless in their help with The Munchkins, and for that I fear won't ever be able to adequately repay them, although I have a feeling they'd let me buy them some burgers at Matt's and call it even.

So the day started with my sleeping in. We put the kids down for their nap at 10 and I scurried off to play ultimate for a bit, where I met a nice potential babysitter for the girls, threw some terrible throws, and ran myself into a fit.

I felt chumped by the weather all day today. I was cold at ultimate, then hot during the drive home. In the afternoon I decided to take the dog and kids for a walk, but it was really dark to the west, so I checked the radar (I have my own doppler radar on the roof): there was nothing. So we set out and put a couple blocks behind us when I felt the first few drops hit my face. "Fudge," I exclaimed to nobody in particular. I whipped the kids around (they loved that part, little thrill seekers) and jogged home in light rain, the western sky still frowning with darkness. We made it home, got unpacked and back inside, and within maybe 3 minutes the sun was back out and there was not a hint of rain to be seen. "Frack," I said, this time to the dog, but he didn't seem to care.

Later on, our friends Kari and Eric from San Francisco and Tracy and Bryan and kids from Hopkins (not quite as far) came by for a visit. Good times. From what I remember, we discussed mostly adult topics that had nothing to do with kids, so it was peachy. Everything in moderation.

Now I'm writing the blog, and I've officially caught up with myself. Spooky.

Day seventy six.

Abby working on her Walt Whitman sequel, Leaves of Grass II: the green stain't tooshie.

Lily walks almost exclusively now, it seems. Our little pedestrian!

Abby and me. I picked my nose moments later. Thanks Loken for the shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment