Monday, April 27, 2009

Here she comes, walking down the baby-safe-non-street-area

Hanging on. Hanging on for dear life.

Lily came to the conclusion today that she'd had enough of the pseudo-walking life. Upon turning the corner at day care (where I couldn't figure out why she wasn't crawling towards me like she usually does) I found her standing wobblingly and without aid. "Yay!" I told her, dropped to my knees a good five feet away, and watched as she lurched all the way to bury herself in my chest. Her moments of bipedalism have up until now been limited to a few stultified steps, but no more. She's a little walker now. Like all the most deeply satisfying kid transitions, this one was instantaneous. At ECFE we set her loose a good ten times in her newly erect pose, and she thought it was a gas.

I'm trying to come up with a non-cliched response to this, but it's not happening. I'm just so excited and proud, although pride doesn't really fit; maybe it's just the thrilling relief of seeing your kid "get" something. I spend many a day with them where they don't get stuff for hours. The climactic awesomeness of when it happens is huge.

ECFE today, that's my excuse for not having video of her, and having old pictures.

Day seventy one.

Naked but for the pacifier.

How terrible am I to think that she kinda looks like a stripper without a pole here?
Snugglebum.

No comments:

Post a Comment