Saturday, May 2, 2009

I am not hip. This much I know.

More signs of our warming days in the yard.

Abby stayed home from day care today, even though she felt springtime fresh. Rules are rules, and one of theirs is for the kids to be fever free for 24 hours. We were sunk before we even sailed, so Jen took the day while I worked.

Grandma and Grandpa rolled into town and the kids were pickled to see them. We made a hasty exit after bathtime to go socialize with Jen's MBA crowd downtown. They're good people all around, and I'm not just saying that because a bunch of them read this thing. This particular event tonight took place at a bar brimming with trendiness. To wit: as the MBA thing wound down, professional (I'm not sure what I mean by that word) dancers hopped atop strategically placed boxes around the bar and began dancing. Dancers! How can I be as lame as myself and justify living in a world that has bars like this? I can't. We had to leave so my existence would not be threatened. There is a level of hipness that makes my brain shut down.

As a result of our imbibery and social ways, it's late. I've had my ceremonial post-drinks bowl of cereal (this time with Vitamin D milk, a delicacy which deserves another entry in itself), I've watched the requisite bad tv on TBS, so it's time for bed.

Or I'll stay up and watch Clueless, easily - by a large margin - the stupidest movie that I can't ever stop watching when it's on. I have no idea why. Yet more credence to the "I'm not a hip person" argument.

Day seventy five.

Abby with a look of utter passion on her face.

More passion. Not so happy though.

The tail lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment