Friday, May 15, 2009

Daddy's night off


Lily, checking to see if the contents of the diaper bag meet her approval.



Dave has been doing double parent duty for the past week, so he's taking the night off. He doesn't know that yet, but since he passed out on the couch at only 9PM, I think it's the least I can do to fill in for him. After all, he has been filling in for me without complaint while I've been busy with school stuff.


Abby stayed home today thanks to her random fever at daycare yesterday. She didn't have one today and she seemed like her usual happy self, but she couldn't go in, so it was one of our mommy-Abby days. I love having quality time with just one child once in awhile. But is it weird that I wish it was with Lily for once? Poor girl, she's too healthy. I guess I should be happy about that though. It's just that it's going to be tougher to give them one-on-one time this summer when I'm home with them each day.


It's possible my brain shut off on Wednesday night after I finished for the semester and that's why I'm drawing a blank for material tonight. But since the day was pretty mundane, the girls are asleep, Dave is asleep, and I'm incredibly jealous of all of them for that right now, this is it for tonight. (Although the picture above is from tonight, the others are not new).

Day 89


The smile, the wild hair, the snotty nose. Love her.

I think it is a rare thing for a photograph to capture the essence of a person. But the first word I use to describe Abby is "sweet", and isn't that captured here so perfectly by the photographer (aka Daddy)?

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment