Sunday, March 15, 2009

Wetness! Nodding! Signing! ...plus a side of Billy Zane.

Pigtail day!

Okay, it's almost 1 am. I'm pretty exhausted. Which is a shame, because I did have a lot I wanted to jot down here tonight, and that's just not going to happen.


Good day today. Lovely weather, so we took the kids and dogs on a walkity walk around the neighborhood. Of course, with all that sunshine streaming down upon us, so did we have torrents of meltwater streaming around our ankles. It was a bit sloppy; socks were moistened to the point of unwearability. Still, spring seems to have sprung, so it's a beautiful time to be in existence.


I'd like to mention briefly and for the record a couple firsts for las ninas. One each, actually, which I like, very symmetrical. Lily seems to have mastered the nodding and shaking for yes and no. She doesn't have the slightest grasp as to the message she is conveying, but she can do it very well on command, and it's maddeningly cute when she does it on her own. I saw her do it, I think it was at the dog or something, and it was awesome. In Abby's corner: she figured out the sign for "more". She'd done it on a few occassions in the past weeks, but only when we would do it for her, then she would mimic it (always after she would first clap her hands, then pause - confusion written deep into her face - and only then purse the fingers together for the proper sign). Today she made the sign on her own just when I said, "more?" I'm so proud.


That's it. Off to bed. Oh wait...Zoolander's on. Maybe I can stay up a bit.

Day twenty seven.


I loved the pigtails. They didn't seem to mind them either.


This is hair after pigtails. Amazingly, it's almost cuter than with pigtails.



Lest you think our lives are without fault.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment