Thursday, March 19, 2009

Gonzaga is in Spokane, WA, just so you know.

Abby sticking her tongue at me.

Let me take a brief moment to pay a bit of gratitude to all who might be following our little experiment here. We've received lots of positive feedback (a pack of lies!) and well-wishes (those seemed rather earnest). Writing and taking pictures every day is a chore, for both of us, so hearing back from people is quite a nice reward. Thanks to all.

Now let me punk out and say that I'm going to be short tonight, as I think I've caught either Lily's ear infection, Abby's pneumonia, or possibly a flea-born virus from one of our mongrel dogs. Achy and tired, with a golf ball for a lymph node. I'd defer to Jenner, but she did play mother to two sick kids all day, and she's mentally checked out for the night (she's relaxing to ER, and we've reached a nice, unwritten agreement where I don't push the NCAA tournament while she wordlessly flips right to it during the commercials. And she even asks questions about it. "Where is Gonzaga?" "What's the difference between a personal and team foul?" "Why won't any gophers put a damn hand in A.J. Abrams' face, for god's sake?")

Let me also issue a retraction from yesterday's blog: our kids loathe the anti-biotic we have to give them. We at the Gels house apologize for the error.

The girls did pretty well, from what Jen has told me about the day. And they've been in bed for 3 hours without any coughs bursting from the monitor, although Lily just woke up a few minutes ago and howled for a few moments before abruptly passing back out. I've got hope for a relatively smooth night.

That's it, that's all I've got. Like I said: lumpy throat, feel like poop, lame entry. I warned you.

Day thirty two.

Lily trying to couch-walk her way to me.


Hard to fathom: that hair came from that Mommy.

A rare shot of Lily drinking today. She didn't drink much today. Poor monkey.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment