Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Quiz Time

The zombie parenting technique.

I thought it would be nice, since I am in fact writing this blog to the girls-in-the-future (oooh, future girls, hello from the past!), that I do a little post about us, their parents. There are times, usually when I'm singing to the girls or dancing in front of them like a fool, that I wonder, "Did my parents do stuff like this? What were they like when I was a youngster?"

So, in the interest of capturing our present selves for the girls, here's a random quiz I pulled off the internet. Sure, it's kind of a lazy-post vanity project. Meh.

------


Are you a morning or night person?
D - I am more of a night person, but I am always awed by the small hours of the day
J - I think I'm transitioning right now from night, forced into being a morning person, not by choice.

Which do you prefer, sweet or salty foods?
D - Salty.
J - Sah-weeet.

What was your favorite childhood television program?
D - Well, childhood is such a broad term...I had 18 years of television watching. I'd say the most impactful show was Mystery Science Theater 3000, but that was more high school.
J - Cosby Show, Punky Brewster, Carol Burnett, and the Golden Girls. Okay, not the Golden Girls at all.

Are you a collector of anything?
D - Debt
J - Used to collect elephants (not the real ones)

If you could be any animal, what would you be?
D - Seagull (every person I know hates this answer, but it would be a situation where you get to fly, swim, fish, eat junk food, and crap on tourists. How could anyone NOT want to be a seagull?)
J - Cat (sleep, eat, sleep)

If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
D - Is "being really good at hockey" a superpower? If not: I'd dig invisibility.
J - The gift of flight coupled with no fear of heights.

What is usually your first thought when you wake up?
D - "Oof."
J - "Abby, go back to sleep."

What's your favorite color?
D - A color that means the complete lack of having to ever answer this question.
J - Redish black.

What's your favorite animal?
D - The mighty yak.
J - Elephant

Do you believe in ghosts?
D - I believe there is just one ghost, named Carl.
J - I think Carl has a wife named Jane.

Ever been addicted to a video/computer game? Which one(s)?
D - Bloons! It's like crack.
J - Bloons, yeah, played it constantly when the kids were newborns.

You're given 1 million dollars, what do you spend it on?
D - Pie.
J - Student loans.

Have any bad habits?
D - I used to enjoy being a casual liar, but I've stopped. Or have I?
J - I used to believe everything my husband said, but I've stopped.

Which bad habits, if any, drive you crazy?
D - Is poor grammar a habit? Too late, it's out there.
J - Bad drivers

List 3 of your best personality traits:
D - Humility, humor, curiosity.
J - Funny, strong, caring

List 3 of your worst personality traits:
D - I don't believe in bad traits.
J - Obsessive, lazy, can't think of a third. (too lazy)

Have any celebrity crushes?
D - Currently, I think Zooey Deschanel might be at the top of that list.
J - John Cusack. Val Kilmer.

Any tattoos or piercings?
D - Nope
J - Ears pierced, used to have a tongue piercing.

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
D - England or New Zealand or Fargo
J - Stockholm or wherever Dave is

List 5 goals on your life's to-do list:
D - Write that novel, own a sandwich shop, learn to surf, start an insipid blog.
J - Finish school, get a good job, raise my kids to be happy and healthy, love and support Dave, be happy.

Name 1 thing you love about being an adult:
D - I go to Target whenever I want!
J - Realizing how right my parents were when they'd say "you'll thank me when you're older" when I was a kid.

What's your favorite song of the moment?
D - Right at this very second, "Dear God" by Monsters of Folk.
J - Although I love music, I've never been one to have a favorite song--I can't choose just one.

What's your favorite song of all time?
D - Desperado. No, no....this questions is stupid, I can't pick one song.
J - See previous answer, I can't choose just one.

What's your favorite thing to do on a Saturday night?
D - Beat Jen at cribbage.
J - Cheer Dave on during that rare occasion that he actually wins.

What's your favorite thing to do on a Sunday afternoon?
D - Be outside, go for a bike ride, go swimming.
J - Stay in my PJs, read the paper, and drink my coffee before starting the day. This has gone the wayside a little since having the kids.

Have any hidden talents?
D - No. Nor do I have any public ones, either.
J - No, and if I did, I'd keep them hidden. Hence the term 'hidden'.

What would be your dream job?
D - Writer
J - One that pays

Name 1 thing not many people know about you:
D - I like to randomly lie down and look at the stars when the mood strikes me.
J - I might not seem it, but I'm pretty shy.

If you HAD to change your name, what would you change it to?
D - Melvin.
J - Who spends their time thinking about this? I have no idea.

Do you believe in the afterlife?
D - I believe Howie Mandell is involved, yeah.
J - I do.

Day two hundred and seventy.

3 comments:

  1. I had no idea you guys played cribbage--that's awesome! I love to play it, but Chris only barely tolerates it (he likes to refer to it as either cabbage or quidditch). I haven't found any Aussies that will play it with me actually. :( Now at least I know who I can call when a cribbaging mood strikes me! You guys are both adorable and hilarious by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you make parents proud!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I freakin' love this blog. Could you two write some answers for my kids to read when they're older? ;)
    I laughed out loud. And I LOVE to laugh out loud.
    Kee

    ReplyDelete