Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Mornings...for the birds?

RakeyLil.


Leafigail.

Lily came apart this morning. Bloody murder, from the moment we brought her downstairs until I literally wrestled her into her car seat. I don't know why, but we have a hypothesis: she is not a morning person. I think she just needs more time to wake up to the concept of another day. As it is, we get them up around 7, bring them down, get them dressed, have some milk, and it's out the door by 7:30. This is likely a schedule too accelerated by far for her. That's unfortunate, because the solution will entail us getting up earlier, and I'm not thrilled with that idea.

When I got her in the car finally, I decided to throw in some kids' music, because nothing could make her worse by that point (oh, she was unglued). As soon as the music began, she was a clam. When the first song was over, a mighty, "Yaaaay!" came from the backseat, and on its heels came forth a, "More?" And that was it. The day care drop off was business as normal, her totally happy with being there.

I think she just likes to sleep in. Which makes things difficult, since (of course, knowing our luck) Abby tends to get up a bit early.

Tonight, the girls were good. I bailed early to go play soccer, but Jen said it was smooth sailing into the sea of night night. Abby played a fair bit of "hide and seek" with me, where she would pretend to leave the room for a second, then come back and shriek at me and bury her head in my legs. Cute stuff. Lily tried to stop Jen from cutting Abby's nails because it was hurting her, and also tried to console her later because she was upset.

Monkeys.

Day two hundred and seventy one.

No comments:

Post a Comment