Sunday, October 25, 2009

Our Groundbreaking Constitutional


I'm torn right now: do I go get a blanket while I write the blog, or do I sweat through my shirt? Tough call. I feel like I'm on the mend, yet rampant temperature swings beset me still.

This afternoon we went on a walk around the block. It wasn't until we'd returned home that Jen pointed out that it was our first ever family walk, without the use of a stroller or other such kid-toting contraption. So it was. It started out well enough to make us wonder why we shouldn't make it a daily habit. It ended with a sharp reminder that that might be a bad idea. They kinda came apart at the end. All in all, though, very positive.

Abby was dead-set on holding the leash a couple times. This was a cute image, though I had this nagging thought buzzing around in my head that told me something about it was vaguely dangerous. I figured it out when Olly had exhausted the length of his leash and Abby, either not smart enough to let go or utterly dedicated to her job at hand (you decide!), was yanked forward and fell on her face. Kinda. It was an awkward fall, but not too bad. She cried. Later on it happened again, and she cried again. The second time, it took me a minute to figure out that she was crying not because she'd fallen, but because I hadn't given her the damn leash back already.

See how dedicated she is!?

Two hundred and sixty one.


No comments:

Post a Comment