Thursday, October 8, 2009

No shoes, no tranquility

Lily McDriller and The Magical Tongue of Concentration

One of the kids is snoring right now; I can hear it over the monitor. It's pretty loud. I'm not sure, but I think it's Lily. It makes me want to go up and spy on them.

Jen + school/job/conference thing = me alone with the girls tonight. It was all lovely until I took Lily's shoes off while she was in the high chair. This is something that we've done probably 200 times over the past year. Since we usually go straight from dinner to bath or jammies, the shoes usually come off during dinner. So far, there have been zero complaints.

That streak ended tonight.

I still have no idea why - she usually doesn't give a rip about having her shoes on or off - but she positively shrieked. It was a volume heretofore completely unreached by her. Piercing. 5 minutes of tantrum and one high-chair extraction later, she was perfectly fine again.

So now I'm going to wonder every night if we can take her shoes off without a scene. We'll see tomorrow! Exciting times are in store!

Day two hundred and forty four.

Abs tearing something apart. Maybe a bill.

Nice. Face. Goofball.

Lily playing with a toy drill that she was rather fond of tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment