Thursday, October 15, 2009

Mine.

Abs in the mirror. Not a vampire. Good to know.

PunkaLily

I'm trying to decide if the "boy in the balloon" story qualifies as a "where were you when...?" level of shared public experience. I'm thinking no. But it was fun to watch the whole thing unfold today with a bunch of people standing around one computer monitor. Like that kid, I think I'd hide in the attic if I'd caused such a stir. I think I'd build a second attic on top of the first one and hide in there.

Today we have the privilege of putting on the books the first recorded use of the word 'mine' by either kid. Unsurprisingly, Lily was the one to break this barrier first. I think she said it in reference to a small box of cereal, probably, I don't specifically recall. The details aren't important really - if Abby picked up a piece of lint, Lily would be all over her to get it away - but we now know both what she is capable of and what we're in for for a while.

"Mine!"

times a million.

It's a little surprising this didn't happen earlier, actually; I'm always running around the house, grabbing random objects (the remote; the cat; the couch; the dust bunnies) and yelling, "Mine!" at the girls.

They need to understand ownership. I'm glad Lily has decided to champion this concept. I will certainly be encouraging her to trumpet her possessions as often and as loudly as possible.

Today's photos serve to prove just how bleak photography is going to be from here on out for the blog. It's so dark in our house after work.

Day two hundred and fifty one.

Abby technically took this shot. Nice composition.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment