Thursday, September 24, 2009

Go Wild! A chant that works for hockey and toddlers alike.


Abby the sea captain...Aarrgh.

Last days of summer.

Peas in a pod.


Lily on the move.

Dave had the opportunity to go to the Wild game tonight. My gift to him is completing the blog so he can come home and relax, or at least go to bed at a decent time for a change. This is not altruistic, it is completely selfish. Despite my best intentions each night, I find myself waiting up until he's done with the blog before I go to bed. Tonight I want to go to bed early, thus my kind act of blogging.

The girls have both been sources of great fun and frustration lately. Those of you with children older than ours are now collectively thinking, "duh, they're toddlers". For those of you whose children are not yet toddlers, just you wait, you'll understand.

I met with Abby's teacher, physical therapist, and case manager through the school district yesterday for Abby's six-month review. If this was a job performance review, Abby would be up for a promotion. She's come so far in her goals that the decision was made to make a "significant change" to her PT gross motor goals. And we're reducing her PT to only every other week. Yeah Abs! I feel like she just graduated into a new grade level ahead of schedule. She even hit another milestone today. She was walking down the sidewalk, fell, then got back up again and kept walking. This was the first time she's gotten up to standing unassisted. Once she figured it out, she did it a few more times. Hooray!

Lily has decided to make it clear that she is a huge fan of time-outs. That is the only conclusion a rational person can reach. Why else would she insist on hitting Dave and I every chance she gets, over and over, time out after time out? I asked day care if they've had a problem with her doing this and they were surprised. Apparently they'd just been discussing what an easy toddler she is, so helpful and sweet. I guess she reserves her frustrations for us. I do understand what they mean though. When Lily isn't reaching her hand back into striking position, she is a sweetheart. And she has been mommy's little helper lately. She likes being assigned a task, like bringing Abby her snack or sippy cup (not until she also has hers of course). And this morning she brought me Abby's shoes while I was getting Abs dressed. So sweet. The fact that she hasn't given either of us a black eye or broken my glasses when smacking me is amazing. Little darling.

Sorry for the recycled pictures, the battery was dead in the camera tonight.

Day two hundred and twenty

1 comment: