Friday, April 17, 2009

Video! Beer! Bats! I love summer! Why am I yelling!?

Abigail smacking her lips on something tasty.

I'm making good on yesterday's claim to put up some video herein. Check below for a 4 minute little slice of life from the Gels household. To set it up: the girls hate being cleaned after meals. Before long we found that they liked it if we batted at their mouths while they made noise; they were pleased beyond belief. So that's what we're doing. It makes sense when you watch, I swear.

The girls are 1 for 2 on the swings. We headed to the west side playground at Powderhorn, and they were not fans of the swinging bit. Maybe it was the time of day. Maybe they were distracted by all the chaos of the playground. But there was much unhappiness, and it lasted only a few minutes.

After that, headed to Jakeeno's to splurge on meatball subs. Back home to eat with the girls, then put them to bed soon after. The best part of the day came on the heels of bedtime, when Jen and I retired to the deck for some beer and Farkle. As the last little shreds of light were being swept to the west, I laid back in my chair, drank some very tasty beer, and watched two bats fly psychotically above the yard. I love bats. Something about seeing a bat is, to me, very reassuring. I was pleased then when they kept disappearing over our eaves, leaving us with the notion that they might actually be living on our house. Jen was less than thrilled.

Day sixty one.

Repeat pictures from yesterday.

ps. please comment or email if the youtube video is a bust; I'm still new to the finer points of some of this. Thanks.

I had to include this, because Lily looks like a 48 year old sailor here.

Another look at our picnicy dinner yesterday. Good eats; fresh air. Yum.

This is what I've got planned for every summer night after 7:30.

2 comments:

  1. It works perfectly. They are so cute, it brings back great memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THE VIDEO. do more!!!

    ReplyDelete