Monday, April 13, 2009

Do not go to ECFE and operate heavy machinery.

Our little bloomer-head.

I've gotten nothing but hate mail and death threats for the new bloggity garb. Hang on, naysayers, and hopefully it will grow on you.

Tonight during ECFE I think I dozed for a moment. Truth be told, it probably happened almost ten times. I'm not sure that I slept outright, but just had some of those hallucinatory moments of tingly unconsciousness. Those brief and wonderful samplings of sleep always bring the most vivid dreams. Just this morning I dozed for a moment before Jen woke me for good with a swift kick, and in that span of maybe a minute or two there played in my noodle this very detailed dream where I took my nephew Oliver to Jamaica so he could be in a production of West Side Story. I can actually remember wondering how he could fake a Jamaican accent, because, my god, he's only three years old.

My real point here is that I'm tired, and I was going to take the night off and be done by 9 pm. Instead I found myself perusing other people's blogs, which are so astoundingly creative, offbeat and entertaining that I think I want to shutter my whole production entirely. So now it's past 10, and I'm musing on the irony that, in searching for inspiration, I instead found myself deflated to the haggard core.

Day fifty seven.

ps. old pictures again.

Abbygator.


Crackers = peace, every time and without exception.

1 comment:

  1. Don't shutter it! We love your blog. By the way, we have a very similar picture of Susan with underwear on her head. However, it's only in our heads as it was my underwear! What is it with kids and underwear?

    ReplyDelete