Thursday, April 16, 2009

I love holding Lily, it makes me so warm. No..too warm. Now it's hot. Oh crap.

Every 19 seconds, another parent is a victim of daughter-related pee abuse.
For god's sake, limit the amount of time you hold a naked daughter.
Especially if you really, really like that shirt.

I've spent the past 3 hours figuring out what I can imagine millions of other people already know: uploading videos to YouTube is a gargantuan hassle. Here's how the process went.

Capturing video to computer: easy.
Editing video: simple.
Putting on the interweb: excrutiating.

I was planning on skipping all the jibber jabber tonight, and letting the home movie thing speak for me. However, my 4 minute video took just short of 38 hours to put on YouTube. Who has the time to put up the 10 minute videos that I've seen? Why does it take so long to upload and is so fast to download? Why isn't anyone answering me!?

Finally it finished, then I found out that, after upload, it needed to be "processed". Umm...what? Are we in Russia circa 1982? What the hell is that about? Whatever it means, it's still happening - possibly it's held up in the Ministry of Information - so it's not yet available. The hour has gotten late, I'm sick of waiting, so it's off to the proverbial sack for me. I'm giving up for the day. Be prepared, though, I will hopefully have some real live (video) girls ready tomorrow.

Today was so nice, we couldn't resist taking our meal al fresco style, hopefully the first of many such events. I'm glad I'm writing this, because it just reminded me that I left the high chairs outside. 11:30, and I'm still picking up after dinner.

Day sixty.

It was very bright and cheery and warm, but a little too bright, until the sun ducked behind the house straight west of us.


Abby enjoying some perfectly proportioned watermelon.


Mommy can always get a laugh out of Lily.

No comments:

Post a Comment