Saturday, April 18, 2009

Atlanta or bust! Wait, I'll take bust..

This is a photo I took. It is now in the internet.

I'd planned an awesome post tonight, as it will be my last for a few days. I'm off to Atlanta for work, to sit in ground school at Delta with a bunch of Delta pilots and hopefully get some good gumbo in my off hours. Since just the idea of being in the south is crushing my will to wax creative - not to mention that I'll be at least 6 states away from the girls - I am going to be handing the reins to Jenner until Friday.

My plan to blow some minds with this diatribe went south shortly after we put the girls down when we abruptly had to pick one up again. It was The Blonde One. Amazing, I mean truly disturbingly mistifying, that she wouldn't go to sleep, as both of them skipped their afternoon nap. It made no sense. I remember thinking, "Well, they didn't sleep this afternoon. Surely we'll lay them down like bricks and enjoy the evening's dinner on the deck." Nuh uh. Abby cried and cried and it got worse and worse. I went up to get her.

The exciting part: she was sitting up all by herself. It's the second time today she was in such a remarkable position when we went to fetch her from the crib. It just doesn't happen.

Despite that achievement of our wee featherweight, I was annoyed, because it wrecked the night a bit. We couldn't eat outside. And since she likes to watch tv when feeling insomniatic, we tuned in to nothing but horrific programming.

Finally, she went back down. I drank my second beer. This was a large and potent brew from our friends at Surly up in Brooklyn Park.

This beer affected me greatly.

I laid down on the porch to get back to my rereading of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, thinking this would help get my bearings. Instead I fell quickly and helplessly asleep. I was rousted an hour later by Jen for the sole reason that I could do the blog entry today. I'm still kinda loopy though. Surly is good beer, did I mention that?

Lovely day. Jen was busy during the afternoon, so we all went for a bike ride around the 'hood, looking for a good Powderhorn 365 photo. Found one. Ate crackers. Came back, played in the yard, did some stuff, blah blah. I love the summer, but it makes for boring journaling.

Adios for now, back on Saturday...all yours, J.J.

Day sixty two.

There was no reason for her to be this upset, I really only walked away to get the camera. Sigh. Sometimes you just can't win with kids.

Lily kept clapping for no reason, it was pretty amusing. Yay!

Our humble and moronic beagle Olly tries to burrow like a gopher.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Love Surly! I wonder if Abby's having a hard time because she's learning new things. Have you heard of T. Berry Brazelton's Touchpoints? He says that when kids are struggling to learn something big like crawling, walking, and things like that, they become very fragile. It really rang true with our kids. Also, there is this half year dis-equilibrium thing that our kids definitely went through. It's, in fact, why I tried to sell Susan one time. But that's another story...

    ReplyDelete