Saturday, February 21, 2009

Parents of twins get out of birthdays for each other...it's a little known rule.



News of the recession has never before been met with such glee.









This shall be brief. Today is Jenner's birthday, and I got her nothing; her reaction was completely benign and accomodating. There is a sort of surrender to these sorts of things this year; I'm not proud of it, yet there it is. I'm not sure if it's more a function of our own laziness, or maybe a shift of focus away from ourselves. Either way, the most I could muster for the day was to do a hackneyed job of cleaning the house.







We did scurry off to Cave Vin for dinner, but that I could claim no part in: Grandma and Grandpa watched the girls, and the check is going to be on Steve and Joy, who'd given Jen a dinner-out for last year's birthday that we're now laying claim to.







Since it's late, and since I'm going to attempt to salvage this birthday by pampering Jen until she falls asleep, I'll cop out and throw down some pictures of the kids from today, starring Grandma and Grandpa Stalker.









Not Abby's best hair day.







Lily-pad loves the paper.







This hat is so enormously cute it makes me want to puke a little. The wistful, pained look doesn't hurt, either.




Grandma Marj feeding Lily.

Abby, the happy monster.


Grandpa Neil walking the Lilster.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment