Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Jen v. back pain


I'm a little spent today; Jen's lower back revolted on her - it is known to do such a thing from time to time - so I get to step up and do a bit more in the way of chores tonight. Still, she did partake in feeding and changing the munchkins - a credit to her staunch unwillingness to ever admit a need to convalesce. Imagine my relief when she finally began to unwind over a nice "Managing the Strategy Process" paper. She knows how to pamper herself.

Thus, I'm a bit tired. I hate admitting I'm tired; I'm tired all the time, so it seems like a trite observation. I may as well admit that I'm breathing or that my hair is receding..these are things that never stop, either.

So this will be it for today, considering my latent sleepyheadedosity. First, an explanation of the above photo. I took some clippings from my Mom's Christmas cacti a few years ago. Most died, but a couple did okay. They soldiered on, though to be honest my care for them could never be described as stellar.

Yet, through the magic of my inaction, this little guy bloomed last week. I was astounded; not only was it bursting forth with great color, but the bloom was almost comically large. A few days later on another stem came along another flower - just as large, but purple rather than the original's pink (you can see it in the background).

They're lovely. I'll name the first Lily, and the second Abby for our little late-bloomer. Thanks Mom.

Day three.

Some recent photos:
(*just to be clear, these photos are not always from that day's blog. I'm not a miracle worker.)

Lils walking. This could very well be one of the root causes of Jen's current back issue.
The changing table queue.
Abs and a sunbeam make nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment