Saturday, February 28, 2009

the best bowl of cereal ever

My time constraints for writing this evening's post are tighter than ever. It's 12:37, the kids are still (kinda) up, and I might be drooling on the keyboard as I type. Our busy day today included the girly girls, aka the munchkins, at their first year doctor appointment today. Here's some random thoughts:



I'm convinced that the comfort and pleasurability of a waiting room is inversely proportional to the amount of time spent there. Our pediatrician's office is brand new, comfy, and has huge a salt water aquarium. The longest I've ever waited there is 37 seconds.



This is also amusing as they require a lengthy developmental questionaire to be completed during that time. Today we literally had enough time to sit, take off our coats, pull Abby out of the car seat, click the pen and our names were called.



The guy that took blood from the girls is amazing at putting a fingertip bandaid on those little sausages. And he had the same shoes as me.



After work we babysat Maya and Oliver, Steve and Joy's kids, which was a painless and entertaining affair. It's amazing to care for our kids then witness the glorious autonomy that older kids possess. I would not have fathomed, were I not to have tonight's reminder, that kids will eventually be able to dress themselves in jammies.



I'm also convinced now that the best food ever invented is a bowl half full of golden grahams, half full of cinnamon toast crunch, eaten at 11:30 after babysitting 4 kids (is it babysitting 4 kids if two are ours?). That bowl was delicious. And late. Now it's time for bed. Here's a shot I snapped of Oliver during teeth brushing time tonight:



Day twelve.

No comments:

Post a Comment