Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The state of things.

My camera continues to collect dust...today's photos are from forever ago.

The tranquility.

It's been a while since the girls had a good performance review. It might be illuminating for all of you on the interweb to get a quick rundown of exactly what those snuggle bunnies can do these days. Plus, it will be in bullet form...I LOVE bullets!

Talkytalk

- Lily is starting to put a lot more words together. Last night's, "Night night Olly" is a good example. I'd put her vocab at about 30 or 40 words, although that's just a quick guess. She's great at, "Bless you", doling them out for coughs and sneezes alike.
- Abby doesn't have as many words as Lily, but she certainly makes up for it in conversation. Abby will spew out these minutes long string of babbling - punched up here and there with an actual English word - without breaking a sweat.

Locomoting

- Abby is still a bit wobbly on her feet, and is notoriously bad at watching where she's going. Tonight she tried to sit on Jen's lap and ended up sitting on the dog instead. So tenuous is her walk that she's been known to be taken down by something as small as a piece of string. Still, she's surprisingly fast and can follow me to the kitchen faster than I can close the gate behind me sometimes.
- Lily can technically run now, and is pretty close to being able to jump in the air. Lily is fast enough that when I go to the kitchen, she beats me there and is already pouring a bowl of cereal.

Foodies

- Lily is starting to reject a lot more foods lately. We enjoyed some golden days this year of being able to feed both girls pretty much anything, but it seems that pickiness is starting to gain a toehold. Reference my post yesterday and her vocal display of tuna-hate.
- Abby's a little better as far as food variety. This is offset by her thrilling enjoyment in throwing all the food off the tray when it displeases her.
- Both girls are largely to the point that we can give them food and they can fend for themselves in the shovelling category. This is nice, as it's freed us up to eat at the same time, laying the groundwork for what will eventually be family mealtime.

Playtime

- Lily's favorite pasttimes as of late include: coloring, drawing, dancing, playing mommy to a baby and bear, throwing things, playing with buckles.
- Abby's favorites: being hung upside down, stacking cups, turning the tv on and off and on and off and on and off, trying to get my camera, attacking anything soft.

That's about all I can come up with, which means this list feels weak and unaccomplished. I'll have to add to it as I think of things.

Day two hundred and eighty nine

Pony time.

I'm not even sure if she's crying here or singing something maybe.

2 comments: