Tuesday, December 1, 2009

It's my party, I'll cry if I want to.

Dear kids:

What? What were you crying about all night?

I gave you an awesome tuna fish sandwich for dinner. Abby, you liked it; Lily it made you furious.

I tried to play with you guys; nothing held your interest and you ended up just crying anyway. You guys cried at me. You cried at each other. You threw down your corpses and yelled at god.

The bath was excruciating. Why? Because of the constant wailing. It was incessant. Before the bath. During the bath. After the bath. The night was a juggernaut of unhappiness.

You guys cried when I tried to color with you. Snacks went well, but when that was over...you guessed it...more crying.

Should I even mention what the changings were like? They were miserable.

You guys saved it at the very end, when I asked if you were ready for night night. You both put your milks down, Abby you buried your head into my neck, and Lily you kept saying "Night night Olly" to the dog as we went upstairs.

I could still have done with less crying.

Day two hundred and eighty eight.

ps. old photos. didn't take any tonight. too much crying.

Town crier #1



Town crier #2

1 comment: