Sunday, December 6, 2009

Sneaking, Vol II

Adios, beard.
Before:

(my eyes are really crooked)

And after:


My eyes are still crooked, and I am suddenly struck at how very unattractive I am.

It's 20 after 12. That's late for me in any stage of life, and especially after I've had kids (in general) and a couple beers (tonight specifically).

Yup, I shaved the beard. It feels great to have it off, but I'm now very much of the opinion that my facial features are hideously out of whack. My mouth is tiny! And crooked. And off center. I won't even get started on my droopy eyes. Why I lived with these things for 33 years and had no problem, then grew and shaved a beard and am now totally self-conscious, I have no clue.

I was musing on Christy's comment from yesterday (thanks, glad to know I'm not the only crazy parent), and I suddenly realized I missed a head-smackingly obvious correlation that would have brought the whole post full circle, and it is this: While I know how to walk around the house without making noise to wake the girls, in just a few years the girls will reverse that, knowing how to get around without waking their parents up. As a kid myself, I used to know the best way of getting around our house in Duluth for maximum silence. This seems to be the natural progression of things, and, in the words of K. Vonnegut, "... so it goes"

Day two hundred and ninety two.

My delicate slip of sunshine.

Radiator head rest.

1 comment:

  1. You, um, got a year younger since yesterday. I think we'd all like to know your trick!

    ReplyDelete