Friday, September 18, 2009

This post is much gripier than I expected it to be.

85% of all horsey ride accidents happen in the home.

I feel a rant bubbling up inside of me. It hurts to hold it in; it must be let out. (it'll be short. Sit tight.)

We certainly don't let the kids watch too much tv. Most days they watch none at all. When they do managed to turn it on (they both know how to do this now, but I'm proud to say it doesn't happen often and they don't complain when we insist that it be off), we usually go right to PBS and enjoy whatever they're offering. Unless it's late at night and it's some interminably odd Cockney comedy from 1980's-era BBC. Sorry, Andy.)

However, the educational shows that they air are now broadcast in widescreen. We don't have a widescreen television. We have a perfectly good television from 1999 that works great and I have no intention of deserting it for a newer model. What this means is that all the numbers and letters that Sesame Street (or whoever) is touting that day are cut off on the side. Guess where they almost invariably put the letter/number graphics when they come up? The side. My kids are going to grow up never being able to speak or write the first 1.5 letters in their words.

Seriously. I want to give a big finger to television in general and PBS specifically for just assuming that everyone has a widescreen television. I don't understand this thinking, I'm truly flabbergasted.

Oh, and I've had it with all the pointless construction in this city, too.

And and and (last one)! Why is there a solid 3 hour block of Sex and the City programming aired every night on two channels (two!!) right when I'm writing the blog? Since that puts Jen in charge of the remote, that's what I perpetually get to listen to. For the rest of my life, I won't be able to hear Sarah Jessica Parker's voice without knowing that I desperately need to type so I can get to bed before 1 am.

Grandma Marj came down from the the fine city of Duluth today. We took advantage of her and ran screaming from the house when her back was turned, tore off in the car, and drove to uptown to watch The Informant! It wasn't that exciting...the movie name actually ends in an exclamation point. It was funny, pretty directly so; it did not lack in the subtlety, rather choosing to play up the slapstickiness of the story. Pretty good. I give it a 4 out of 5.

Wish I had more girly news. Check back tomorrow, as I'm certain we'll have a day chock full of twins tomorrow.

Day two hundred and fourteen.

Setting Abby loose in the wild.

Snuggly Snugglersons.

Ah yes; the forgotten Gels.

1 comment:

  1. Andy was just commenting on this the other night, how the shows are in wide screen, but our TV is not. I never thought about how this would limit Sesame Street, though! How annoying!

    ReplyDelete