Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Biking at night is keen.

I've dropped the ball on photos. This is a great photo of the Midtown Greenway bridge over Hiawatha Avenue by Tony Webster, resident of Minneapolis.
The girls had a good day today. The daycare drop off was the best since we've restarted their matriculation, with nary a peep or protest from either twin. According to Jen, the pick was similarly enjoyable.
Before dinner, while trying to distract them from their barren stomachs (it'd been an hour since snacks), I filled up an ice cream bucket with soapy water and took them outside. Success! This turned out to be a rock star move. It worked a little too good, since Lily went out of her gourd when I pulled her away from dinner. But, since they were having a banner day, her tantrum lasted only a few seconds.
Lily had a nice first today. While playing with the water bucket, she pulled out a plastic hippo and made a "roar" sound and brandished it at me. That is, as far as I know, the first time she's made a play move like that. I almost didn't realize it for the milestone that it is, until I considered for a bit. Isn't it? Does it not mean that she's not projecting herself into a third person situation (ie, the hippo) and making it attack me? I'm very proud. My kid can project.
After bedtime, I went on a bike ride. It's been far too long since I've been on the bike, and I need to make it a priority again. It's easy to forget how surreally cool the midtown greenway is at night at 18 mph. I can't say enough about how awesome biking at night is. My ride tonight took me up to the greenway, then east to the river and back, which is pretty short. I was psyched to head down the river to maybe the Ford Parkway, but they've torn up the path there. Thought about the street, but people drive like a-holes on that road.
The ride took me twice over hiawatha bridge in the picture above. I love that bridge.
Day two hundred and twelve.

No comments:

Post a Comment