Saturday, July 25, 2009

Everything I need to know I learned on the swings

My mom, or Grandma as she is known to the girls, and I took the kids to the park today. We've brought the girls to swing before with inconsistent success. I think it is safe to say that they have become full-fledged fans of the swings. They had a great time (see pictures below for proof if you don't believe me).

Three important lessons were learned on the swing set today. 1) Lily learned that when you push the swing with your sister in it, it comes back at you and you need to look out. 2) Lily also learned that if she sits back in the seat and holds onto the chains instead of the seat, she doesn't feel like she's falling forward and she can swing higher. 3) When two kids are thoroughly enjoying the swings, you will pay when you try to make them leave...mostly with your eardrums.

All in all, it was a good trip. I think we will do it again. And again. And again.

Day one hundred and sixty.

Abby. Loves. Swings.

Lily. Loves. Sticks.

Weeeeeee!!!!

Remember what it was like to enjoy swinging this much?

No comments:

Post a Comment