Saturday, July 4, 2009

Coney Island, Cincinnati. Not the New York one.

Lily's first ride was also today. It lasted 2 revolutions before they had to shut it down. We tried.

My cousin Emily's daughter Hannah making some kissyface with Abby. The Cincinnati kids are all fantastic at hanging with our little monkeys.

A little taste of how it's going tonight. Her shirt, if you're curious, says "Some birdy loves me". And there's a picture of a bird. So it's a play on words. Delightful.


I'm far, far too exhausted to attempt even the weakest stab at writing creatively; I'm not going to try and make this interesting.






We got a little dose of Gels history today. We went to Coney Island, a little amusement park complex thingymajob on the other side of town. Part of the complex is River Downs, a horse track where my Dad first met my Mom when they were both working there. We played a fair bit of skee ball at the same midway where they used to play, apparently quite competitively. I couldn't help but think of them when I saw two park employees talking and flirting with one another, and I wondered if I was watching the history of some future family to-be.






Despite the rainy day (all day, pretty much) we had a nice time at the water park, which was pretty cool, and Lily went for her first swim. It's criminal that we haven't taken her yet and she's already 16 months. Bad parents.






For dinner we settled on Skyline, and I was happy to finally get my fix. Then we found out that they're closed for the 4th. Drat. Some other time.






And now we're tuckered completely because of the long day and Abby's insistence on staying up until 10:30. So, it's off to bed for us.






Day whatever.







1 comment: