Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Warning! This post contains images depicting gruesome details of a vegetable

The grisly remains of what were two delectably meaty artichokes. They never stood a chance.

Us + kids + Olly went to Nokomis after work for a walk. A post work-walk if you like. We still get lots of nice looks from the locals, and every one reminds me to enjoy it while it lasts. There will come a day, and it very well may be tomorrow, when the girls may be bratty and tantrumy and these same folk will roll their eyes in soundless judgment as they go on their kidless and stress free ways.

I should know, as I do this all the time to other parents whose children I disapprove of. However, I'm too scared to do it at them, or even at the time, so I end up doing it later. I'm rolling my eyes right now, actually, at some kid that irked me in the grocery store 3 weeks ago. That's how I roll. I also make faces at kids when their parents aren't looking, which is true and completely addictive. Try it once, you'll love it. I did this recently to a 2 year old girl at the Blue Door Pub, and she started bawling. I stopped just in time to watch her parents look around, then ask her what was the matter; I was terrified she would finger me, but I had to give the kid credit, she kept her yapper shut. Well, she kept it shut about me; she still cried for a while.

Karma will get me back for this some day. Again...may be tomorrow.

Day one hundred and fifteen.

Everyone but the cat is in this photo: my feet, Abby, Jen, tiny part of Lily's foot, and Olly. Note how much help I'm being.

Sometimes I get so wound up trying to get perfect photos up here, I forget to add the stupid fun snapshots. File this under: When Lily Attacks.
I don't remember at all how I took this and got my own nose/eye in the frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment