Monday, April 20, 2009

A Place to Go

Sovereign Grounds Indoor Playground and Coffeehouse
So this is, I believe, our first "endorsement". I'm not planning on making it a habit, but this is such a great place to go with kids that I feel compelled to share it with all of you out there looking for a local place to take the kids and where you feel like they are welcome.
Before dropping off Dave yesterday, we ran some errands with the girls and found ourselves with about a half hour to kill. I suggested getting some coffee somewhere and giving the girls a snack. Fortunately, people had told Dave about this great coffeehouse that is super kid-friendly. I think that it is putting it mildly. First, in addition to the usual muffins, breads, and other baked treats, they had little packages of goldfish and animal crackers. Second, when I asked if they had a cup I could use to give the girls some water (I was ill-prepared for the trip), they gave me a sippy cup. I don't think you'll find that at any of the chain-coffee places. Then, we went into the play area and were overwhelmed by the assortment of toys. The kids (and adults) had a great time--Lily was especially thrilled with the mini-slide. I don't think Abby has made up her mind about the slide yet--she is someone who likes to take her time before formulating an opinion. This is a trait that I have seen in both Dave and I at times, so I'm not surprised. I'm not sure where Lily gets her jump-right-in, can-do spirit. Must be from her dad because it is not from me. Anyway, it was the perfect place to go with the kids and I imagine I will be spending a rainy afternoon or two there this summer. It doesn't hurt that the coffee was very well-priced and quite good. Anyone up for a play-date?
As for how we are doing sans Dave...we miss him, of course. But we're surviving. I think the girls seem keenly aware that daddy is not here and they are responding by being extra needy and possessive of me. Lily spent much of yesterday evening screaming for an as of yet undetermined reason. Meanwhile, Abs is possibly having a growth spurt (she could use it) and despite eating a lot before bed, decided to get up in the middle of the night wanting a bottle, which she has not done in awhile. The trend with Abby is that she will do this from time to time and it usually lasts a few weeks. So I'm a little worried that this is going to be a nightly event for awhile--hopefully I am wrong.
We had ECFE tonight. It was weird going without Dave. The most difficult part was figuring out how to get them both out of the car without carrying in Abby's carseat and then opening the door to the school. Once we got past that we were all set. But not being home all evening means the pictures tonight are from days gone by, as many will be this week. The one exception is the one from the Sovereign Grounds website--just wanted to show you the fun that can be had.
Day 64

What a fun guy!

Who is imitating who? I don't even know.

Serious concentration.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Oh, does Andy feel guilty. Dave should work with that!

    ReplyDelete