Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I can get what I want!


Abby using her new found skills to play with whatever toys she chooses.



Abby went to the pulmonologist today. As usual, the visit to one doctor has led to subsequent visits to other doctors. Next stop, echo cardiogram, then swallow study with a speech therapist and a radiologist. More doctors' names to remember, waiting rooms to wait in, and results to digest and remember.


I've spent the past fourteen months thinking that I could remember all the doctors, tests, results, etc. without having to keep careful notes. Abs was already ten-months old before I finally created an Abby-specific, non-pediatrician medical file (and I am normally a pretty organized, diligent filer). I think I had it in my head that there was an end point to all this that would come before my mental capacity for it ran out. It's funny how strong denial can be--it creeps up in all places and forms--even when you think you've already addressed it, it rears its ugly head to remind you that life took a turn that you didn't see coming and that the road you're on might never meet up with the one you thought you'd be taking. Usually, I've always liked to know where I'm going, but I've learned this past year that the journey is wonderful no matter what the route.


Anyway, there is going to come a point when I can't remember which doctor is which and why Abby is seeing them. That point is drawing near--I think I need to start recording it all better.


There were two highlights today. First, Abby woke up this morning and started squawking and squeaking. I thought it was just her, but when I opened their door I caught a rare glimpse of sisterly interaction--whenever Abby made a sound, Lily was mimicking it. Then they'd giggle. So cute. The second highlight came after their baths (which my dear friend Jess came and helped me give--it's hard to bathe two young toddlers by yourself). Lily went to bed (good little girl) and Abs stayed up (as she is prone to do). She was having so much fun going through all the toys in the living room, I didn't have the heart to put her to bed. Because she was able to get to all the toys on her own, she was able to pick out what she wanted to play with all by herself. The pride and joy she was getting out of this new freedom was visible. Her doctor was right, she's too cute.


Day 65



Never too young to become a coffee drinker or a fan of the Current.


I thought the coffee cup was empty, but it looks like she got a couple drops--I see the caffeine setting in.





Today her pulmonologist referred to Abby as "too cute", I agree.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I agree, too. They are both too cute! Thanks for letting me live vicariously through you. I love reading about these girls.

    ReplyDelete